- Attended the 2012 NHL All-Star Game as a production assistant with Hockey Night in Canada
- Went to Pittsburgh for the 2011 Winter Classic, as an NHL production & communications assistant
- 4 years experience in PR and communications.
- Graduate of Concordia University, in print journalism. Graduate diploma in Public Relations.
- Embedded journalist for the varsity men’s hockey team.
- Selected as sports writer and subsequently nominated sports editor for The Concordian student newspaper.
- Highly adaptable team player, disciplined and able to excel in a fast paced environment.
- Very reliable, organized, resourceful and efficient. Quick to learn and apply knowledge effectively.
2006 – Current
B.A., Print Journalism (2009)
Graduate Diploma in PR (current) – Certificate in PR Fundamentals, Certificate in Business PR Principals, Certificate in Digital Communications.
Dawson College 2003 – 2006
D.E.C. – Creative Arts & Literature
Dean’s List, 3 years.
Fluently bilingual, English & French, written & spoken
May 2010 – Current:
Production Assistant – CBC Hockey Night in Canada, NHL, Versus & HBO
- Notify the respective team’s director of communications of the player requested for an interview by host of Hockey Night in Canada, every period and post-game.
- Be present on the team bench for emergency situations in the pre-game show (player declined interview, microphone or headset malfunctioning)
- Pickup and distribute stat sheets between every period, ensuring that the production truck, the host and the two broadcasters in the booth each have up to date in-game statistics as well as updated statistics from other games around the league.
- Actively participate in the post-game coach’s press conference, ensuring that Hockey Night in Canada has relevant sound bytes and footage for the post-game show.
- Be present at the talent’s side during the game to respond quickly and efficiently to all problems that may arise during a live broadcast.
January 2007 – August 2010
Sports Editor – The Concordian
- Submit weekly section plans to the editor-in-chief detailing page layouts, tabulating word count and giving a brief description of articles expected for the sports section (minimum of three pages per week)
- Stay up-to-date on all sports teams at Concordia University, and assign writers to both home and away games.
- Coordinate travel plans (including transportation, per diem and accommodation) for reporters assigned to away games.
- Edit, review and meticulously proofread all incoming articles to ensure that they were error free, grammatically correct and up to the high standards of journalism that The Concordian upheld (anywhere from 10 to 20 articles per week).
- Maintain an updated database of writers available for games.
- Provide weekly, fun features on athletes that gave insight into their personal side to boost interest, gain a loyal fanbase and present a personality behind the athlete to Concordia students.
January 2008 – July 2008
Media Relations Intern – Junior de Montreal
- Handled all media requests for interviews with the players and hockey operations (team owner, president).
- Provided media training for players, coaches and owner.
- Wrote press releases in English and in French regarding team events, news and publicity opportunities.
- Maintained an organized and substantial media database with contact information of journalists, radio broadcasters and TV personalities to distribute press releases and information to.
- Organized and coordinated team events such as press conferences, charity events, appearances and fundraisers.
- Wrote and edited speeches and presentations given by the team owner or president for business meetings, Chamber of Commerce luncheons and team-related dealings.